The associate degree in communication provides students with the skills needed to gain employment or an internship. Students will develop skill in writing, public speaking, and the ability to identify communication methods that will best serve a variety of audiences.
This degree is developed and granted by Ensign College, with
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Learn and apply fundamental communication principles using standard media messaging formats.
- Explain mass communication effects on public discourse, individuals, and institutions.
- Demonstrate techniques of public speaking, including message development, content, projection, tone, and delivery.
- Build, manage, and optimize digital communication strategies and tactics.
- Apply communication skills and knowledge to projects in various fields.
Associate of Applied Science of Communication
Degrees are built by selecting three certificates, which are typically made up of five courses each. Our recommended plans are designed to lead to better job opportunities. To earn a bachelor’s degree, you will complete three certificates plus additional requirements:
Steps to your Associate Degree in Communication
If getting a better job is not your primary focus, there are
- Media production
- Digital marketing
- Social media
- Computer science
- Business management
Why choose this degree?
Education in communication prepares you to work effectively in nearly every industry, and qualifies you for positions in fields such as marketing, public relations, editing, media relations, social media management, and others. Communication training will qualify you to use written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills to manage interpersonal relationships, build and lead teams, develop and implement communication strategies for a variety of clients, and create and improve marketing campaigns for consumers.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a