> ... Help > Enrollment


How and when can I apply?
BYU-Pathway Worldwide offers two ways to start a degree: the preferred path and the advanced path. Visit the Application Process page for instructions, details, and deadlines.

If you have completed BYU-Pathway’s PathwayConnect and are continuing your degree, see the Continuing Students tab or go here.
What are the requirements to participate?
Visit our Admissions page to view the requirements to participate.

For students who have completed BYU-Pathway’s PathwayConnect and are needing to apply to continue their degree, find your next steps here.
Can people who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints participate?
Yes, individuals of all faiths are welcome to enroll. Applicants who are not members of the Church will pay 25% higher tuition and must also meet all other admission requirements.
I missed the application deadline. Can I still be admitted?
Applicants who miss the final application deadline will need to wait until the next available start date. To find out the next time courses begin, visit our Admissions page.

Rare exceptions to the application deadline are made for full-time missionaries who return home after a deadline has passed and for other similar extenuating circumstances. For applicants who want to be considered for a special exception, visit the Contact Us page to get connected with a mentor or enrollment counselor.
My PathwayConnect GPA isn't high enough to get into an online degree program. What are my options?
Students must achieve a minimum 3.0 GPA in PC101/101L, PC102/102L, and PC103/103L. Students whose PathwayConnect GPA isn’t high enough to get into an online degree program may choose to retake one or more of their PathwayConnect academic courses in an effort to raise their GPA. Students can also consider applying to local colleges, universities, and technical schools.
Transfer Credits
Will my previously earned credits transfer and count toward a degree?
For information about transferring course credits to a degree offered through BYU-Pathway Worldwide, visit our Transfer Credits page on the Admissions tab.
When submitting transcripts, what should I put for the grade if it was a pass/fail course?
In the application, please put “0” for the number of credits on a pass/fail class. Contact us with questions.
Why do most of my former credits only apply to my bachelor’s degree?
BYU-Pathway and its partners have a generous transfer credit policy. Transfer credits most often fit the requirements of general education courses, which are part of a student’s bachelor’s degree. Typically, courses from other universities don’t meet the specific requirements needed for certificate courses. Visit our Transfer Credits page for more information.
In general, how are credits evaluated?
For more information about transfer credit evaluation, visit the BYU-Pathway Transfer Credits page.
Where should I send my transcripts?
Official transcripts should be sent from previously attended colleges and universities by the application deadline. Information on how to submit transcripts can be found inside the application when you apply, or by contacting us.
Course Registration
How do I register for courses?
For BYU-Pathway's PathwayConnect, students entering their first semester are automatically registered for their courses when they accept their offer of admission. For the second and third semester of courses, students register in the BYU-Pathway Portal by logging in at

For students who have completed PathwayConnect — or did not participate in PathwayConnect — and are pursuing their degree:
  • BYU-Idaho: Students can register for courses in the Degree Planner (located inside the BYU-Pathway Portal).
  • Ensign College: Students can register for courses by accessing the BYU-Pathway Portal and clicking “Edit” next to the “Courses” section.
What is the deadline to register for courses?
Final dates and deadlines for the next three terms are on the Academic Calendar page under the admissions tab.
How do I get my PathwayConnect transcript to send to other colleges?
Students can print PathwayConnect transcripts and have an official copy sent to other institutions, such as BYU-Idaho or Ensign College, by completing the following steps after final grades have been posted.

  1. Sign in at
  2. Select “Transcripts” from the top-right menu.
  3. Select “PathwayConnect Transcript Tool.”
  4. Select either “Request Official Transcript” or “Print Unofficial Transcript.”
  5. For official transcript requests, select which institution(s) you’d like to send your PathwayConnect transcript to.

Note: Official transcripts may take up to two weeks to be processed and sent. They will only be sent via mail.
How do I submit transcripts to BYU-Pathway Worldwide?
Visit our Transfer Credits page under the Admissions tab for information and details.
Returning Students
I attended previously and didn't finish. How do I return?
Students who did not complete the first semester of PathwayConnect:
  • Start a new application by selecting “Apply for Free” at

Students who completed one or more semesters of PathwayConnect:
  • Log in to with your Church account and complete the returning student application. (Note: Unpaid tuition from past semesters must be paid before continuing to the application.)

Students who completed PathwayConnect — or did not participate in PathwayConnect — and have not participated in their online degree program for more than two consecutive semesters should apply here.
How do I withdraw from courses?
If you are confident in your decision to withdraw from PathwayConnect you can officially withdraw by:
1. Signing into your BYU-Pathway Portal
2. Clicking your name at the top right-hand corner of the page
3. Clicking ""Withdraw from Program""
4. Complete the withdrawal survey

For more detailed instructions on how to withdraw, please refer to the following tutorial: How to Withdraw from PathwayConnect.
What is your tuition refund policy?
Depending on when you withdraw from the program— and if you made a full or partial payment—will determine how much of a refund you will receive.

See the following:
You will receive a 100% tuition refund until the auto-drop date, or two weeks after the start of the term. If you are auto-dropped, you will also receive a full refund/credit.

After the auto drop date, your refund/credit will be equal to the percentage for the day you withdraw. Each day, the refund percentage rate drops, starting at 78% and ending at 40%. Once 40% is reached there is no refund/credit issued

If you paid in full, you will receive a refund of a percentage due back based on your withdrawal date.