The TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate provides an introduction into teaching English to speakers of other languages.
This certificate is offered by BYU-Idaho, with
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Apply essential theories and practice basic principles of TEFL.
- Utilize best practices for effective instruction.
- Apply the conceptual principles and analytical framework for studying language to TEFL.
- Gain practical experience in TEFL.
- English language instructor at private English institutes or businesses
- Not recommended for public school teacher positions in many developed countries
Why choose this certificate?
The Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) certificate will prepare you for teaching students of varying backgrounds and cultures the process of learning English. You will gain skills in curriculum development, student ability and progress analysis, classroom management, behavioral management, and instruction.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a