The certificate in hospitality and tourism management is designed to prepare students for employment in hotels, restaurants, travel agencies, and other related businesses, and to help them progress from entry level positions to supervisory roles.
This certificate is offered by Ensign College, with
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Improve customer service and build relationships in the hospitality industry through team building skills, leadership, and coaching.
- Improve accommodation operations through metrics, customer service, software applications, and interviewing.
- Develop and enhance food services through menu planning, purchasing, storage, food production, sanitation and food safety, and marketing.
- Hospitality coordinator
- Guest relations coordinator
- Front desk agent
- Food and beverage coordinator
Why choose this certificate?
Hospitality and tourism management training will introduce you to essential functions such as catering, corporate dining room management, front- and back-of-the-house operations, and housekeeping, while also teaching you management of inventory, labor, hospitality, occupancy, property, special events, and revenue reporting.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a