The basic accounting certificate provides students with a variety of skills in the accounting field, including critical thinking, decision making, and cost assignment and responsibility accounting.
This certificate is offered by Ensign College, with
Why choose this certificate?
The basic accounting certificate will give you experience in programs and applications such as Excel and QuickBooks, in addition to skills in budgeting and asset management. There is a focus on accuracy and effective strategic planning, asset management and financial analysis, making you more qualified and capable in the realm of accounting.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a
- Bookkeeper for small businesses
- Accounts payable/receivable for corporations or non-profits
Essential Knowledge and Skills
Students completing this accounting certificate will be able to:
- Prepare financial statements pursuant to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) using the accounting cycle.
- Evaluate financial statements.
- Conduct computerized accounting for a small business.
- Perform reconciliations on general ledger accounts.