The administrative assistant certificate provides students with a solid understanding of office
procedures and develops skills in key office business applications such as Excel, Word, and theAdobe Creative Suite.
This certificate is offered by BYU-Idaho, with
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Create professional spreadsheets using advanced functionality to visualize and solve business problems.
- Apply time management, interpersonal communications, meeting planning, and records management to identify and solve business problems.
- Create professional documents to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and professionalism within an organization using Microsoft Word.
- Increase professionalism through the application of design principles.
- Develop a basic understanding of accounting principles used in office and business settings.
- Small businesses
- Doctor’s offices
- Non-profit organizations
- Legal offices
Why choose this certificate?
The administrative assistant certificate will provide you with data entry skills, fluency in office
applications, and hands-on experience with communication and organization.
BYU-Pathway has found that certain combinations of certificates lead to better job opportunities. Most degrees have a