Applying for an online degree program doesn’t have to be complicated — follow these tips to help the process go smoothly
Pursuing an online degree from BYU-Idaho or Ensign College, supported by BYU-Pathway, is an exciting step, but you might have questions about how to successfully complete the application. We’re here with tips to help you have the smoothest application experience.
1. Read the admission requirements
To begin your application process, carefully read the
- Agree to live by the
CES Honor Code
- Be in good standing (academic and financial) at any institution of higher learning previously attended
- Pay off any previous tuition you owe
- Earned a minimum 3.0 program GPA in PathwayConnect academic courses (PC 101/102/103).
2. Apply on time!
Pay attention to key dates in the
When applying, it’s important you submit all of the required documentation quickly so you can finish the application by the deadline. This includes transcripts, high school diplomas, and English proficiency test scores (if required). Follow the instructions in the application to know where and how to submit each document.
3. Work with your peer mentor
“Many doubts arise along the way, and I feel that the peer mentor is the closest person to help with these issues. It is also someone who is there, almost by your side, to support you and cheer for your success.”
— Alexandra Cardoso, Brazil
4. Get an ecclesiastical endorsement
When you apply for an online degree program, you must complete an
5. Save your progress regularly
There’s no better resource that can tell you how much progress you have made in your application than the application itself. Every time you complete a section of the application, remember to click “Save and Continue” before moving on. This guarantees the information you entered is saved correctly.
6. Learn about the decision process
Once you have completed the application and submitted the required documents, your application will be reviewed. This process may take up to three weeks. You can see your admission decision in two ways:
- You will be notified via email, so check your email regularly (your spam folder too!).
- You can go to
your applicationand click on “Decision” at the very bottom of the page.
What are you waiting for?